National Design & Craft Gallery invite innovative and engaging exhibition proposals from professional curators, practitioners, galleries, partners and museums. Established by the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland in 2000, the National Design & Craft Gallery is Ireland’s leading centre for contemporary craft and design. National Design & Craft Gallery’s vision is to transform and shape understanding of craft and design. Our exhibitions platform Irish and international designers, artists and makers of demonstrated excellence who push boundaries in their engagement with the making process. Our programme seeks to address current thinking, practices and concerns within contemporary craft and design disciplines. NDCG works to engage with diverse audiences and continues to build understanding of craft, design and material culture in Ireland. NDCG actively seeks to develop ambitious, impactful exhibitions and programmes through partnerships with relevant galleries and institutions to grow opportunities for makers and audiences nationally and Internationally.
NDCG seeks to exhibit:
- Engaging and dynamic exhibitions that create conditions for dialogue and push the boundaries of practice within the design and craft sector
- Work of international calibre by national and international designers and makers, which hasn’t been shown in Ireland
- Exhibitions that address specific themes and can demonstrate the role and relationship of craft and design within our lives and societies.
- Exhibitions that have the ambition, intention and capacity to tour nationally and/or internationally
- Exhibitions designed with an awareness of audience experience, engagement and impact
Proposals for the Autumn 2019 – 2021 programme are invited under two categories:
- Proposals from professional curators or practitioners, by an individual or group
- Proposals from galleries, museums, institutions or partners
See full Call for Proposals here.
Please email 2-3 page exhibition proposal to email@example.com
We will accept proposals until 28th June 2018.